Monday, August 18, 2014

Linnie Blooms DT Monthly Challenge~August:Quotes

Hi Friends! As a DT member with Linnie Blooms it's my turn to join in on this month's challenge "Create a project using a quote". Technically we're supposed to use our favorite quote but I really don't have a favorite...I have a lot that I really turn to depending on the mood or situation I'm going through. So the one I'm sharing today is more of a positive/gratitude quote. 

I created an art display piece that I already have displayed in my craft room...

I also have a short video that shows you the project up close along with the products I used...



 I altered a wood block using a combination of various craft paints...I wanted to match the green in the fabric I was using for the project...
While I was waiting for the block to dry, I started working on the butterfly canvas die. I am LOVING the new mixed stitch stamps Linda Barutha has designed so I wanted to incorporate them in my project...

 For the rest of the project I just used some sprays and crackle paint on the wood block and fabric to give it that shabby chic feel that I love so much and then I added the other elements...
 This was such a fun and easy project to create using the fabulous canvas pieces and stamps from Linnie Blooms. This would be a great gift for any occasion. 

Be sure to stop by the Linnie Blooms STORE and pick up some of the fun products so you can use them on your crafting projects. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for checking out another ScrappinAbby project. 

Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments