Friday, May 16, 2014

Linnie Blooms DT May Challenge~April Showers Brings May Flowers~Burlap Gift Bag

Hi Friends! Today I'm sharing another DT project for Linnie Blooms and I have a really fun & easy project to share with all of you that I created for the May Challenge~April Showers Have Brought Us May Flowers. This challenge is all about showing different ways to use the Linnie Blooms Canvas Flowers.

I also have a video to share with you...this shows the products I used along with a short tutorial on how I colored the canvas flower with some Gelatos...



To get the flower shape I was going for, I wet it with some water then used my heat tool to dry it...
My hubby bought me some Gelatos for Mother's Day so I was excited to use these for this project. I selected the colors I wanted to use and covered the flower in a no particular fashion. I spritzed the flower lightly with some water so I could mix the colors into the flower (sorry I don't have a photo of the actual process...I was the only one home and couldn't take a pic myself..lol but I do have this in the video above : )
I wanted to make the flower appear more real & natural so I added some stamens to the center by making a small cut in the backside of the canvas flower and pushing a few stamens through the center...

To create a unique tassle for my tag, I separated the fibers from the Linnie Blooms burlap and looped them through the top of the tag and used my tiny attacher to hold them in place...
I thought this was a fun challenge and a creative way to use the canvas flowers along with the burlap. I made this for a friend of mine and I'm going to be putting some seed packets in the bag. I think she will love it : )

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for checking out another ScrappinAbby project for the May Challenge. You'll want to stop by the Linnie Blooms BLOG and see my tutorial posted over there as well. 

Be sure to head over to the Linnie Blooms online STORE so you can pick up some of these FAB canvas pieces for yourself. 

Happy Crafting!!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to Thank You for being a sponsor for the Create Craft and Share YouTube Hop. I came from the hop to visit you here. Also liked your fb page. Take Care...
    Hugs,
    Sue Ann :)

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments