Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Inspiration Art Journal Page One: Inspire

Hi Friends. I have been so excited to share this new venture I've started with all of you. I finally bit the bullet and decided to start my Inspiration Art Journal! I've been wanting to work on one of these for quite some time and I just decided I'm going to do it. 

I'm going to document my process for each page of the journal via a blog post and video. Sometimes I'll have bits of me working on the project in the video and sometimes it will just the end result but I will always do an intro explaining my thought process for the upcoming page I'm working on. I mention this in the first few minutes of the video below, but just to recap, I plan on working on this when the mood hits me or when I need a "break" from working on DT projects (which I LOVE btw), my own projects or those from some clients of mine. I want to be able to have total creative freedom when I'm working on this journal and this is such an exciting outlet for me : )

So enough chatter...let me share Page One with all of you : )

 Here's the video that documents and walks you through the creative process for this first page, I also show you some of the techniques I used as well...

 Here are some more photos of the journal up close...




I am in total love with this page...the purples, the textures and all the different elements really turned out well I think. 

I hope you will all enjoy going on this new creative journey with me and will check back when I have more pages to share. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and happy crafting : )

Products used:
Gesso
Modge Podge
Modeling Paste
Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays-see video for full list
Dylusions White Linen spray
TH Distress inks-Dusty Concord & Walnut Stain
Stickles
Fabric
Petaloo flower
Trim
TCW Bird stencil
Parchment paper (left over from other spraying projects)
Making Memories Alphas
Burlap Trim
Wood Stamps
TH Burlap stencil
India Ink-Black
Mon Ami Gabby Mesh
Staz-On Black Ink
Art Journal Book-Donna Downey

2 comments:

Creative Comments